You Know You Wanna Know...

Flabby, 'cause I got some meat on my bones. Chic - because flabbiness can be fabulously chic.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fatshion in the UK

So, we've all heard the term "fat Americans," and I'm pretty sure that almost everyone reading this is well aware that America is the fattest nation in the world...so tell me why in the WORLD do we not have better plus size fashion here? There are some amazing designers here, such as Monif C in New York City...if you have never checked out her site before please do it before you leave this page. She's amazing at dresses...and you'll notice that's pretty much all she does. She's even more amazing at unique plus swimsuits. They look young - I bought a beautiful red one-shouldered one over the summer and got plenty of compliments on it at the beach. Also, I love Torrid, even though sometimes I feel like they're catering to a slightly younger crowd. 


In the UK however, I have been introduced to Evans. Evans is wonderful for anything you need in your wardrobe. I have heard people rave about their clothing on other blogs, but I haven't bought anything from there myself. Beth Ditto has a line though Evans, full of funky things that the punk rock enthusiast would die to wear. They are a bit pricey...not to mention that you have to judge the prices through the exchange rate, since the UK uses Euros. However, I hear they're amazing. Just for kicks, here's a few of my favorite items from the Evans website. I'm tempted to purchase one of them so I can review it from personal experience...










Yeah so, as you can see...it's a little funky. I just LOVE those shoes though. I think it's a very sexy take on menswear. I love the shade of brown and the tweed texture. It's the kind of shoe that can look super professional in the office, but super sexy out at night with your girls...or your man ; ) 



2 comments:

  1. I would also go to asos.com and look at their curve collection. I love Evans, but to me ASOS Curve blows them out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE ASOS CURVE! Thanks for reminding me, had I more time to commit to this post I would have included them as well. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete